Cape Town Opera (CTO) is South Africa’s largest permanent non-profit performing arts organization that provides permanent employment to 35 young singers and 32 opera practitioners, instructors and administrators.
In addition, annually the company issues an average of 150 ad hoc contracts to artists ranging from choreographers, musicians, directors, conductors, designers and technicians.
The company is looking for a Music Administrator to work with its chorus, ad hoc singers and in its general artistic 2016 and 2017 programs. This is a full-time position, which may take place during normal working hours, on weekends and evenings. Applicants must have flexible schedule to accommodate this and must provide their own transport to and from CTO offices at Artscape. This is a one year contract.
Job title: Music Administrator
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Below are the skills and duties listed for the Music Administrator candidate:
- Have a general understanding and ability to read music
- Report to the Chorus Master and the Artistic Administrator
- Manage the music library
- Arrange all chorus auditions
- Copy and bind music scores for chorus members, soloists, surtitles and stage manager
- Communicate with chorus and other CTO departments
- Liaise with HR regarding chorus contracts
- Source and manage children’s choruses and supers
- Liaise with CTO Transport Manager regarding chorus transport
- Draw up, print and manage sign-in sheets and attendance registers
- Liaise with Accounting Department in reference to attendance
- Assist CTO artistic department with additional duties as required
- Be competent in Word, Excel, internet research
- Be in possession of a valid SA Driver’s license
If interested please submit CV, covering letter, and at least two contactable references to CTO’s HR Administrator through email@example.com The closing date is Wednesday, 31 August.
For more information about the Cape Town Opera, please visit their website.