Live music performers interested in participating in the 15th Sauti za Busara edition in Stone Town, Zanzibar, can now send in their applications. The festival, one of East Africa’s biggest, will take place between 8 and 11 February 2018 and the call for applications is open until 31 July 2017.
The festival will feature more than 40 performances on three stages and offer diverse and original live music from across the African continent and the diaspora. Artists from the Arab world and Indian Ocean are also welcome to apply.
The selection committee meets in August to finalise the line-up, after which all applicants will be notified of their status before September.
For those selected, Sauti za Busara will cover the following expenses for participating artists plus one manager:
- A modest honorarium
- Per diems for meals and incidentals
- Accommodation in Zanzibar
- All local transport related to the performance
- Tanzanian visa costs, reimbursed against receipts
- Festival passes for all shows and activities
- Artist profile in festival programmes, press releases, website and social media
Please note that artists from outside the region may be required to find their own travel sponsors.
To apply, send the following:
- Artist profile/biography
- Latest audio release (send two CDs by post, or maximum three songs via WeTransfer / Dropbox)
- DVD of live performance, or one clip via WeTransfer / Dropbox (if available)
- Two high-resolution promotional photos
- Stage plan and technical rider (if available)
Supporting documents must be clearly labeled and sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Printed applications by post should be sent to the following address:
P O Box 3635
Please clearly mark your package ‘Contents not for sale. For promotional use only’
Incomplete applications or those received after the deadline will not be considered.
Click here for the application form.