Last year six acts competed for the grand prize and after a nerve-wrecking finale on 8 November 2015, a winner was crowned in the form of three-year-old Oratilwe AJ Hlongwane, better known as DJ Arch Jnr.
First broadcast in 2009, SA’s Got Talent is returning for a new season and applications are open now. Here is your chance to take control of your destiny by submitting your entry or online audition video for South Africa’s biggest talent competition.
If you’re in Johannesburg, Cape Town or Durban, complete the online pre-audition form to avoid having to fill in the form on your audition day. You can also email email@example.com to request an entry form via email.
Auditions will take place between 7am and midday on the follow dates:
- Cape Town: 30 April & 1 May at the e.tv offices, 4 Stirling Street, Zonnebloem
- Johannesburg: 7-8 May at the e.tv offices, Albury Road, Dunkeld West
- Durban: 14 May at the Olive Convention Centre, 81 Somtseu Road
Here’s what you should bring along to your audition:
- Your pre-registration form (if you have pre-registered).
- A photocopy of your ID or birth certificate.
- Any props or accessories needed for your act and arrive clothed in your costume.
- Under 18s must bring along their guardian(s) with a copy of their ID or proof of guardianship.
- refreshments and a camping chair for comfort (it will be a long day)
- a pen (you will need to sign a few forms)
Alternatively, if you live outside Cape Town, Johannesburg or Durban, you can submit an online video audition. To audition online, simply complete the online form, upload your video and click send. It's that easy!
For the best possible video submission, make sure your video is under one minute and a maximum of 15MB in size. Make sure to include your whole body in the video so that the judges can see your full performance and everything you’re doing. Make sure you have your video ready to upload before you click on the link and fill in the application. You will not be able to submit your form without uploading the video. Note that only contestants who do not reside in Johannesburg, Durban or Cape Town may submit an online audition. Online auditions will close on 31 May 2016.
For more details watch the video below or visit the SA’s Got Talent website.