Job title: Regional Editor
Remuneration: Basic salary
Duration: Renewable 12-month contract
Starting: April 2015
Music In Africa, a new pan-African music information portal, seeks a new regional editor for English-speaking West Africa, based in Lagos, Nigeria. The successful candidate will be in charge of content development for the said region. Candidates must have strong writing and editorial experience, and must be able to work independently and from an office.
- Assist in the establishment and running of Music In Africa office in the region
- Write and publish content on the portal
- Develop content plans
- Take full responsibility for your region’s content
- Build a strong team of contributors for your region
- Ensure consistent and organised communication with users, management and content providers.
- Drive social media campaigns
- Attend and review industry events, expos, forums and conferences
- Build and maintain relationships with existing and new partners to enhance the project
- Represent Music In Africa in your region
- Moderate submitted content with a view to ensure that published content conforms to Music In Africa guidelines
- Collaborate with other regional editors and contributors on social media and SEO strategies to increase engagement across the Music In Africa footprint
- Perform other editorial, journalistic and administrative roles as may be
- Ensure consistent and organised communication with content providers
- Perform some of the day-to-day administration duties of the project
- Relevant tertiary qualification (Diploma/Degree in Journalism, Communications etc)
- Minimum five (5) years' experience as an editor/writer (web and/or print)
- Familiarity with the African music sector and a good network of relevant contacts.
- Knowledge of social networks and how they are being used to drive content
- Basic knowledge of Content Management Systems, SEO, social media principles, HTML and digital content creation, etc.
- Excellent written skills in English, ideally with sub-editing and translating experience.
- Flawless attention to detail
- Strong management, coordination and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure. Must be able to work long hours, especially when deadlines are looming
Interested? Send your CV and a short motivation plus up to three links or copies of recent articles to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 20 March 2015. Applicants who do not hear from us by 25 March may consider their applications unsuccessful. For more information about Music In Africa visit www.musicinafrica.net.