After a successful tour of North America in July 2016, the Tuareg guitar wizard Bombino has announced further tour dates in America.
Starting today, 30 September, Bombino will perform at various venues and festivals in Texas, Minneapolis, Chicago and other cities in the US. He has recently released his new album Azel which promotes his new style ‘tuareggae’—a blend of Tuareg blues, rock and reggae.
The 10-track album was recorded at Applehead Studio in New York. The highly innovative album also sees the first ever use of Western vocal harmonies in recorded Tuareg music, which give the songs new depth and color.
The album is a reflection of Bombino’s unique place in Tuareg music where he at once honors the traditional roots of the music while also taking it into brand new territory.
Bombino, whose given name is Goumour Almoctar, was born in Tidene, Niger, an encampment of nomadic Tuaregs northeast of Agadez. His musical career has taken shape against the backdrop of his participation in various Tuareg rebellions since 1980.
The full dates of his tour are as below:
- 30.09: Austin City Limits Festival, Austin, Texas
- 01.10: Musical Instrument Museum, Phoenix, AZ
- 02.10: Orpheum Theater, Flagstaff, AZ
- 03.10: The Dirty Bourbon, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- 04.10: Taos Mesa Brewing, El Prado, New Mexico
- 07.10: Austin City Limits Festival, Austin, Texas
- 08.10: Cedar Cultural Center, Minneapolis
- 09.10: Martyr's, - Chicago, Illinois
- 14.10: Desert Daze, Joshua Tree, Carlifornia
For more information about his tour please visit Bombino’s website.