Music In Africa in partnership with MTN Bushfire are giving away six (6) individual tickets to the 10th edition of the MTN Bushfire Festival, taking place from 27 to 29 May 2016 in Malkerns, Swaziland.
Swaziland’s internationally recognized world music and arts festival, MTN Bushfire celebrates creative expression and promotes a collective response for social change. Recently announced by CNN as one of the “7 African music festivals you really have to see”, the annual event is recognized for showcasing an eclectic and multi-dimensional program of talent rooted in world music; profiling artists from across Swaziland, Southern Africa and the global community.
In addition to musical variety, Bushfire also curates a compelling arts line-up of theatre, poetry, dance, art exhibitions and installations, story-telling, puppetry, film workshops, handcraft market, world food village, a Kidzone and much more, which all combine to create a magically eclectic three days of entertainment.
The line-up this year includes top acts from all over the continent, including Ice Prince (Nigeria), Sauti Sol (Kenya), Blitz the Ambassador (Ghana), Songhoy Blues (Mali), Oliver Mtukudzi (Zimbabwe), Ghorwane (Mozambique), Maya Kamaty (Reunion) and Vaudau Game (Togo/France). Representing South Africa will be Mafikizolo, Beatenburg, AKA, DJ Zinhle, Bombshelter Beast ft. Pitch Black Afro, The Rudimentals, Felix Laband, Jesse Clegg, Gerald Clark and Vukuzithathe. They will join Swaziland’s own Bholoja, Nomzamo ‘Zaza’ Dlamini, Fanaza and Sibusiso Nkhambule, as well as international acts such as Estère, Cold Specks, Kingfisha, Pablo Nouvelle, Za! and DJ Dawee, among others.
How to enter
To be in with a chance of winning a ticket, all you have to do is answer the questions below:
- Where is Bushfire happening this year?
- Name any musician performing at Bushfire this year who is profiled on the Music In Africa Directory and provide the URL link to that artist’s directory profile.
Submit your answers with the following personal details:
- First name
- Last Name
- Phone number
- Passport number
All entries should be sent to email@example.com.
The competition runs from 9 to 18 May 2016 at 12pm GMT. Winners will be announced on Friday 20 May 2016. Please read the competition rules below carefully.
- The competition runs from 9 May 2015 until 18 May 2016 at 12pm GMT.
- You can only enter the competition once, multiple entries will be disqualified.
- To be eligible you have to complete all fields in the form. Incomplete entries will be disqualified.
- A winner will receive no more than one General Admission ticket. This ticket provides access to the main festival arena.
- The Music In Africa Foundation shall only offer the said tickets. Winners will have to provide their own transport to and from the event, arrange for their own accommodation and foot any other relevant expenses, for example border fees.
- For entrants outside of Swaziland, this competition is only open to holders of a valid passport.
- Prizes are not transferable and are not negotiable.
- No prize shall be exchangeable for money.
- No employee or board member of the Music In Africa Foundation, members of their immediate family or employees of partner organisations may enter.
- If a winner is unable to take up a prize for any reason, or if the Music In Africa Foundation has not been able, after making reasonable efforts, to make contact with the winner, the Music In Africa Foundation reserves the right to award that prize (without notice to the first winner chosen) to an alternative winner, in which case the first winner chosen shall not be eligible for any share of the prize whatsoever. The Music In Africa Foundation shall not have any liability in such eventuality.
- Automated entries, bulk entries or third party entries will be disqualified.
- Any violation or attempt to violate any of the above rules will result in the immediate disqualification of the transgressor.